Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Our Guest Bedroom......

This is the painted etching on the clock we have sitting on the drop leaf table...I love it...this clock was made in the 1860's
As you walk into the room from the hallway....this window is straight ahead...the panel of stained glass is something we found in North Carolina....at.... BIG LOTS....believe it or not.......they had 4 different styles we kept a couple for us a sold the others...don't they look real.?.......
So here's the room as you walk in.....there is no bed in this room yet....we're planning on getting a sofa bed for it one of these days  we found a beauty.....it is an eight way hand tied ....kiln dried hard wood frame sofa....AND it has a fold out  tempurpedic mattress that would be heaven for anyone to sleep on......that purchase is in our future......we love to dream about it....
My Sweetie lived in Japan years ago ....he has some amazing pieces he brought back that we enjoy in our home... the cabinet this little guy is sitting on is a kitchen "Tansu".....(not sure of the spelling).....I just thought he  was too cute to ignore...I tried to take a picture of the cabinet....but the angle I was in couldn't capture the whole thing...I think I will wait to show you some of the other pieces from Japan in a separate post......
This drop leaf table is very old....we got it years ago from an antique dealer that use to come into our store in North Carolina
This is the top of the Tansu with some of our clocks on it.....I don't know if you can see it easily but in the front is a very cool wood measuring stick...it is not flat like a yard stick....it is 4 sided....so cool.....Well lady's that's our guest room ....thank you so much for strolling with me this morning.....I pray you each have a blessed Tuesday......Karena

1 comment:

  1. You have some lovely pieces...and it is fun to have things to dream and hope for...

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME