Thursday, July 21, 2011

Yard Sales....Gifts....Some of my Favorites....

SHARING SOME OF MY FAVORITE THINGS
This scalloped planter is precious....It sits on my windowsill in the kitchen
Now this Advertising ephemera for "Hood's Sarsaparilla" was so sweet it caught my eye right away...I thought for sure it would be too expensive .....this was a  "SURPRISE" .......to be presented with these little angels as a gift from my sweetie....he shared that they only asked 1 dollar for it.......
This wonderful little oil painting was a gift from our youngest a few years ago....I have it hanging over our stove in this house it brings me joy to look at it...the roses are so thickly painted they are dimensional...
These depression glass salt and pepper shakers have a neat story...I've had them for over 30 years...they were a gift from a friend that DUG THEM UP in the mountains of Southern California....I was talking one day about how much I love depression glass...later in the week I was presented with these lovelies ....I love the "story"....I've treasured them all these years I still can't believe the lids were with them when they were dug up...a little torn around the edges...but the really amazing thing to me was....they weren't destroyed by the shovel or cracked during their stay under ground.......
I love red transfer ware....I found this at a yard sale a few weeks ago for 50 cents...the lid as you can see is not the original...but I don't care that it has issues I love it.......I hope you all have a COOL day today.......so many of us are HOT.....HOT...HOT the East Coast is going to swelter today.....I have plans to do some puttering in the house....read a little.....then I am going to indulge myself with a FAVORITE MOVIE FROM NETFLIX ......wish you could join me.....Prayers and hugs to you today girls.....Karena  


1 comment:

  1. So many sweet things... love that little red transferware and the rose painting is beautiful
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME