Thursday, August 4, 2011

That remind's me of.... Knott's Berry Farm

Yesterday I spent some time with my "angels" ....we went to Cracker Barrel for dinner....it is a FAVORITE eating place for our whole fam....when we were done eating we looked around the store ...as I was looking at Christmas things....fall stuff.... I happened to look up to see an old stove sitting above their registers ...Cracker Barrel is full of antiques....hanging from the rafters in the shop.....nailed to the walls of the restaurant... This stove took me back to the Saloon at Knott's Berry Farm in California I found some pictures from the Knott's Museum ...I thought we could share the experience of this great theme park together... when I was little...you could just go in ...ride the train....see the stage coach....walk down the western town of "Calico"...even go on the "Calico Mine Ride" FOR FREE....I am so dating myself here but its true....I can remember all of us driving down Beach Blvd .... our cars lined up down the road like a caravan....I have GREAT memory's of this place ....so come along with me...these old pic's will be fun to see....

Photo's Courtesy of Jay Jennings:
                          
         WELCOME TO KNOTT'S BERRY FARM....


Mr & Mrs. Knott
When you rode the train sometimes "Robbers" would come and steal from the passengers...Great Fun...thankfully all pretend...
There were LOTS of eating places ....we always ate at the "Cable Car Kitchen" or the " Chicken House"...
They had a sweet white clapboard reproduction chapel in the park ...they sold this card of Jesus...I still remember the MANY times my sister and I hid in our closet with it...when you took it into a dark place Jesus would open his eyes....if you look close you can see the outline of his eye behind the lid.....for us as kids...this was AMAZING
I still love Knott's Jams and Jellies
I have a picture of my sister and I sitting between these lovelies when we were little....
THIS GUY IS JAIL HOUSE JOE....he was... SHOCKING ....to my sister and I... he would "talk" to us as we stood on a bench outside the door calling us by name asking us question about things that were REALLY happening in our life...a great memory
Well girls that's our tour for today.....thank you for popping in......I hope you all have a blessed day....
Hugs....Karena



                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME