Friday, July 22, 2011

Fabulous Friday...........

The Cottage Journal cottagejournal@acemail.hoffmanm
I received my "Cottage Journal" in my email this morning from Phyllis Hoffman the Editor of Victoria Magazine I've included the link above...you know I LOVE.....Victoria Magazine......she has been a Grand Friend to me for more years then I can count...even during the years we all lived without her after they stopped publishing....I collected and saved every issue I ever laid my hands on...I still remember walking up to the mailbox in our Carolina Cottage... I believe it was in 2007....I reached in to grab the mail when  a card fell to the floor....it was an advertisement that said...."WELCOME  AN OLD FRIEND....VICTORIA MAGAZINE IS BACK...." I squealed so loud I thought I would scare my neighbors...anyway Cottage Journal is sort of like an e-zine extension of Victoria that comes a couple of times a month to my email...you can sign up for it on Victoria's web site as well the pictures in this morning's mail caught my eye because I can't think of a COOLER color palette than blue and white....add a little splash of yellow ...you have French Country Fabulous....so here are the pic's that soothed and cooled me as I first saw them this morning hope you enjoy....by the way the name of the recipe below is "Blackberry Semifreddo"....
3 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped, seeds reserved
1 cup superfine sugar*
3 (5.6-ounce) packages fresh blackberries, divided
1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 cups heavy cream
Garnish: fresh blackberries and fresh mint

1. In a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water, combine the eggs, egg yolks, vanilla-bean seeds, and sugar. Cook, whisking constantly, until frothy, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Using an electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat until soft peaks form. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine 2 packages blackberries, lemon zest, and lemon juice. With a fork, lightly mash the berries. Fold the berry mixture into the egg mixture. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl and using an electric mixer at high speed, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the egg-berry mixture. Set aside.
4. Line a 9-x-9-x-2-inch baking dish with plastic wrap, allowing wrap to hang over by 2 inches on each end. Scatter remaining blackberries in prepared dish. Pour whipped-cream mixture over blackberries. Cover with foil, and freeze overnight.
5. Using plastic wrap as handles, lift frozen semifreddo from pan. Remove plastic wrap. Cut semifreddo into 24 (1 1/2-inch) squares. Garnish with fresh blackberries and fresh mint, if desired.

*Superfine sugar can be made by pulsing granulated sugar in a food processor.

To download this recipe, click here.

For another summer dessert using fresh seasonal berries, click here.
 
Lady's this is a pic of my Geranium....the color was so stunning to me....I pray you each have a Fun ...Fabulous...Friday...I will chat with you later.....bless you........Karena

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME