Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Musings

Good Morning Girls....happy Monday to you....do you feel like spending a few minutes with me ....I thought I would share some pictures of our "Cozy Cabin in the Attic"....This is an old "Sidelight" with mirrors added where the windows would have been originally.... from an old house in North Carolina ....we have two of these double hinged beauty's on either side of the window...I was noticing as I looked at it this morning it was a bit like "ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS"...seeing the reflection of things in the mirror....
This is a very sweet folk art corner shelf that we found ..It is only 3 feet tall ....so I placed it on an old crate we had in the corner of this dormer ......it looks fabulous.....we were so excited when it nestled perfectly in this space....
This sweet little chair is my "Posting Place" when I'm up here in the morning...it is a sweet 1940's chair with a slip cover on it...I fell in love with it because of it's size ....also because of the slip cover.....it reminds me of a Williamsburg Crewel pattern...
This is a shaker lamp holder next to the window casing....the pitcher is sweet on it....but the real reason I showed you this is ...we have fun making words with the scrabble pieces...( even though there's nothing spelled out here)....it's still special when we find a word someone left .......like a little surprise....
This urn sits outside our back porch ...we have one on either side of our railing...I wanted to share this with you to show the VERY COOL...garden lights my sweetie found this season at Wal Mart....they are solar globes.....when the sun shines on them through the day they charge up ....when dusk falls they are like GIANT lightening bugs in our garden so pretty.......Well lady's these are my musings for today........thank you for joining me....I pray you all have a MAGNIFICENT MONDAY.........bless you ....Karena

3 comments:

  1. I like your solar lights. We need to replace a few...I think I will look at those. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little chair! Such a good find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of leaving scrabble tiles for people to leave messages with! How sweet is that! And those lights are great. I never go to WalMart. I always go to Target. I wonder if I am missing something?
    HAGD! Karen

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME