Wednesday, July 6, 2011

An American Treasure.........

My sweetie and I traveled to West Virgina the weekend he proposed to me back in 1995...we drove up on this.... BEAUTIFUL ...Piece of American history....it is known as one of the greatest resort hotels in our country.....it is nestled in the mountains near the sulphur springs famous for their healing .....restorative effects since the 1700's.......people would travel to the springs to drink from it..... and swim.... in the  hope's of curing what "ailed" them.....this resort offers.... spa pampering....an Avery........indoor and outdoor pool.....common area's as well as a first class dining room with "Gourmet Chef's" preparing note worthy meals....The Greenbrier is known for their breakfast's.......the rooms started at 700..00  a night...that was back then...I have no idea what they run today....I  love the past....living on the East Coast we are soaked in it...the history of our great country is all around us....we have driven the back roads of ....Virginia....North Carolina........West Virginia....over the years.....never disappointed with the countryside...or the folks we met..or the fabulous shops we have visited along the way......I thought you might enjoy seeing the beautiful pictures of this great "Inn"....I hope you all are out and about enjoying your day...I so appreciate your peeking in on me today girls.....blessings and big hugs..........Karena

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME