Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Good Morning ladies....we are 59 days away from Christmas...I have butterfly's in my tummy just thinking about it...soon it will be time to get our box's of decorations down from the "Cabin in the Attic"...always one of my favorite traditions this time of year...
I start dreaming about cozy quilts covering the sofa's and chairs in the house...so when my faces come to visit in the cool evening...they can cuddle up under something old...soft...and cherished....quilts that are  years old add to the wonder of a cozy Holiday at home......
For over 20 years now Victoria has been one of my favorite inspirations for holiday decorating...
When new issue's stopped coming for some years....I would pour over my old ones ....gently turning each page ...taking great care not to spill tea or coffee as I read ....no matter how many times I'd looked through each edition....I ALWAYS found new inspiration for that year's "Holiday Look"...
I always dream about caroling during the Christmas Season...even though I have only done so four or five times in my life....I still find myself thinking about it first thing ....as soon as October draws to an end....
soft lighting....candles glowing....glass sparkling....I CAN'T WAIT....
Not many times of the year make me look forward to running to the mail box...but soon Christmas Cards will start showing up in the mail....with postage from other places ....from longed for faces....loved ones that are thinking of us...we will fill out our own cards with updates for them ...I can't help but feel like a little girl at this time of year...do you girls have traditions....or special things you start dreaming of this time of year....I find it comforting to think of you all in your homes ...wherever you are....in other countries even....we share a kindred spirit when it comes to creating ...Christmas.....I am looking so forward to it.......aren't you....hope you have a great day today....full of anticipation....I will be thinking of you....I start work tomorrow...I will be a little later posting ....but I will let you know how my first day went......blessings and hugs you lovely ladies....Karena

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME