Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What A Wonderful Day.....

Good Morning ladies....it's so nice to be in my posting chair again...I have been unable to sit still long enough to post anything...I am feeling much better with my back situation....the doctors have given me some ..."Happy Pills"..to help me while I heal...so on Thanksgiving Day I was a little spacey....a tad uncomfortable...but full of ...Joy....to be with our fam....all us together at our eldest daughters new house...BUILDING MEMORIES....

This is a picture hanging in the entry that I just love...it's so tranquil...

Everything looked so beautiful...my daughter and her sweetie had everything in the house ...."Just So"....they have almost all their box's unpacked even though both of them work 2 very demanding...somewhat consuming jobs...there were even these snaps blooming outside the dinning room window...

Our favorite cook book on the counter....GOOSEBERRY PATCH....always at the ready for assistance....

Allow me to introduce "Wilson"...he is always invited to every family gathering...looking out over the festivities as we laugh....eat...and enjoy one another...my daughters sweetie brought Wilson home 5 or more years ago after a hunting trip ...I think he's a very handsome mascot.....

We had every indulgence that day....apple slices to prepare a pie...

Cigars for the men folk ....some of them enjoyed a good smoke out on the patio after dinner...it was chilly but they all seemed to enjoy the moment anyway....


This is our ....BEAUTIFULLY BRINED turkey....yes the kids chose to use the exact Brine from William Sanoma I talked about in an earlier post...it was ....succulent....


So sweet friends how did you spend your... Turkey Day....I hope it was full of joy...fellowship....and lots of good food...I will be back soon ...I'm off today with a long list of things to take care of ....I will take it slow ...but it sure feels good to be able to move about ...to have the strength to take care of the simplest things....so till next time big hugs...I wish you countless blessings......Karena....by the way daughter thank you again for creating a wonderful memory for our family...you and PA are AWESOME....AND...I LOVE YOU...

2 comments:

  1. What sweet news that you are feeling better! Hope you get all healed up before too long! Your Daughter is mighty special to have you all in her new home! Have a blessed day dear Karena, smiling here in Georgia! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karena- It looks like you had a wonderful, wonderful family time together. It is wonderful that you were able to go to your daughter's new house and that she was ready for you!

    I am so sorry to hear about your back. I have some inflammatory issues that come and go so I understand pain and how it can consume your life-and keep you from doing all that you would like to do. Looks like your "happy pills" are helping!

    We are off to enjoy Pizza with our little SweetCheeks-she turns 5 today. Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME