Monday, January 30, 2012

The Bliss They Call......Downton Abbey.....

Good Day Ladies....I've gotten to my posting chair a little later then I planned today..already 12:15 ....that's okay ...I wanted to talk about a ...BLISSFUL INDULGENCE...I'm guilty of lately...the PBS show...DOWNTON ABBEY...have any of you been watching season 2...
If you haven't let me tell you it's addicting...in a DELIGHTFUL sort of way...I watched Season 1 last year and loved it...PBS had it on every Sunday on their Masterpiece Classics series...from the first episode I was enchanted...I love the Edwardian period...I have since the 70's when I picked up my first copy of Edith Holden's Country Diary of An Edwardian Lady....so naturally I tuned in every Sunday...if I missed one I'd watch on my computer....I was that surprised when I heard they were coming back with a Season 2...the pure Bliss of spending time with these characters in this amazing House ...situated on the most beautiful English property...during a time in history that was opulent...visually stunning...fashion forward...and full of the very best of formal living...crystal...silver...flower bowls....knife rests...butter plates...batten berg lace...and the term ....ABOVE STAIRS...which refers to the Lord and Lady's estate...below stairs is all about the servants quarters...hall ways...secret corridors..and passages that seamlessly braid them into the lives of their employers without being seen or heard as they went about their plethora of tasks...from cleaning to cooking to serving..setting tables ..sideboards...even walking across the grounds was all done BELOW STAIRS...such a stunning split in class ...it wasn't boring "Below Stairs" either ...the many people that lived this life had their own explosive...complicated...sometimes larger then life experiences...if you haven't tuned in yet....set your DVR for Sunday ...sit down with the folks at DOWNTON ABBEY...I think you'll be glad you did....blessings and hugs till next time....Karena

2 comments:

  1. I have not watched this at all yet but I have heard grand reviews of it. I don't think I can stand one more addiction! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched that show but don't need another addiction:) Enjoy your evening dear Karena, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME