Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Strolling Through Some North Carolina History....

Good Morning ladies...how are you.... I thought when I woke up this morning about a place we use to spend much of our time when we lived in North Carolina...growing up in California being a beach lover I was so happy to see the East Coast beaches...I was not expecting the beaches here to be so different...BUT...I soon found myself falling in love with the added history we enjoy on the East Coast...
This is a house that existed back in the 1920's in a place called "Corolla North Carolina"...it took 2 hours or so to get from our home to this stretch of beach...when we first found the Whalehead Club it was in the process of being restored...this was back in 2003 ...it was so grand...back then it was painted white it had been sitting empty for years...
http://www.whaleheadclub.org/visit/photo-gallery/
This is a picture of the restored Library I think of it more as a Living room...I have included the links these photos came from I think you might enjoy visiting some time...the little town of Corolla sits on a long strip of beach that is accessed by a two lane highway...on the left you have the beach and ocean...on the right as you drive along are HUGE ...BEAUTIFUL...Summer rentals that could hold 5or 6 families...these homes are elegantly built..the town of Corolla is very like Balboa Island in California with much more history...from the Whalehead Club you can walk across a large field to walk through the streets of old town Corolla...and take in the beautiful Light House..



This is the Light Keepers home...Charming....


One of my favorite book stores ever....so quaint...

The Gard House...

Front of the Book store
A really good shot of the Light Keepers whole house...look how close it is to the Light House you can almost picture the keeper walking with a lantern in his hand across the property at night on his way to check on the Light House...
http://www.outerbanks.com/corolla/history/

The link for the Corolla Light House is included above...if you ever have the chance to visit this wonderful place you should ....especially if your a lighthouse lover....North Carolina has some of the most famous Light Houses in the country...I hope you girls have a wonderful day...I thank you for stopping by...blessings and big hugs till next time...Karena

1 comment:

  1. Hello sweetie! Thank you so much for sharing these pretty homes with us! I love the beach too, but I am smack in the middle of the midwest, lol.
    Have a lovely day,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME