Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Saturday Morning Cartoons

 This morning hubby and I are awake at 6:30. Not sure why but it's a great reason to get up, start our coffee and plan our Saturday. When the morning light starts streaming through the windows, the birds start singing, I put my coffee cup on the counter while it's perking  I head back to the bedroom to let hubby know the coffee is almost ready I notice our dog and kitty friends think it's time to "rise and shine". I find myself watching their morning routine. Frankie Coffee Cake our tuxedo kitty stretches and yawns while rubbing up against our dog Terza as if to say "wake  up:" When our cat Lilly hears Frankie stirring she promptly jumps off the bed (because she hates Frankie). I observe this little scene every morning. It is comforting to me to watch but seems to be comforting to them as well. The personalities our animal friends have are so much fun to watch. Terza our "puppy dog" as I call him is over 14 years old. Still full of playful energy as well as an uncanny way of knowing where I am at all times he has been my best friend. Frankie Coffee Cake was a rescue kitty. He is around 3 years old now Lilly is 14. She is definitely the grand dame of our family. Very aloof, independent and truly has eyes for only one human being in life. She is hubby's cat all the way. To say she tolerates me is an understatement  Watching them play with one another when they think we aren't watching is like looking at a cartoon. I will share more about their antics later. For now I wish you a fun, spontaneous day ....Karena

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME