Friday, September 23, 2011

It's Official............


      TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF FALL
YIPPEE.........the first official day of Fall...cool breezes...golden shadows...pumpkins ... crunchy leaves...yea boy...that's for me I am EXCITED....I already have all my favorite fall movies lined up to watch ...like HOCUS POCUS...SLEEPY HOLLOW...DR. QUINN EPISODES.....WHITE CHRISTMAS...the list goes on...I unburied my crock pot for cooking soups and chili...the pantry even has fixing's for corn bread....I am ....READY...
Yesterday I went through all my magazines ( no small task....) to separate the Fall issues into a plucky little stack of fabulous reading ...I really like this issue of "Autumn Cottage" from Victoria Magazine....have you seen it yet...there are some great pic's....recipe's ....and it's chuck full of ideas for making fall spaces fabulous...

This is the time for a perfect cup of coffee.....still steaming hot to drink while I build a fire in our fireplace ...this is high on my list of ALL TIME FAVORITE things to do in the fall....the smell is magical  nothing is more relaxing then sitting with my faces around the fire with a hot cup of coffee in our hands...
We bought this last weekend for our daughter....she wanted something to hang outside...It is tin so it won't get ruined...she loved it...she can bake pumpkin pie...I've never tried it especially from scratch do any of you have a good pumpkin pie recipe I would appreciate your sharing it with me...I'd like to try making one .....So girls how are you going to welcome our friend fall ...do you decorate your front porch...put out pumpkins....get some flats of Mum's...I bought some Yankee Candles last weekend off their sale shelf 1/2 price...I found 2 "Pumpkin Spice" candles for 13.00 instead of 26.99...that meant I could get 2 of them....I lit them up last night ...the whole house smelled enchanting....I am going to indulge myself today with some good Apple Spice tea from Celestial Tea ....sit in my favorite chair....and dig into that stack of fall magazines I mentioned.........you girls have a fun "FIRST DAY OF FALL"....thank so much for stopping by...blessings and hugs....Karena

2 comments:

  1. My favorite time of the year tooooo. I love that pumpkin pie sign, where ever did you find it?

    Love,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fall too! I love the Autumn Cottage magazine too and what pretty things you have! It's definitely a wonderful and cozy season! Enjoy :)

    Hugs, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME