Thursday, September 29, 2011

An Unexpected Surprise....

Good day girls...how are you this morning...when we moved into our "Brick Beauty" a year ago I wasn't expecting any significant SURPRISES...never the less I have received one..... when you think about it that's the definition of a surprise...it's unexpected...sort of serendipitous...my "NEW FRIEND"...Is our Attic...growing up in California I was never familiar with attic's..not until the 70's ....that's when we started watching " The Walton's"...I can remember the first shows that included Olivia or John Boy going up to their attic...
It was filled with OLD THINGS...I picture old pianos....souvenirs....photos...old clothes from bygone era's...I can remember on the show the house had a seperate door that opened onto a staircase that led up to the attic...that was unique for me to see in Cali if you had attic space it was accessable through a crawl space in the ceiling...I have come to love  our attic....
This is the staircase to our Enchanting "Cabin in the Attic"...

5 months ago we started to seriously consider this space...we made a goal of making a project of turning it into something special ...the fireplace chimney rises up through the rafters...so cool

We had a goal to make a room in time for my sister-in-law to come in May...my sweetie loves attic's ..when they were growing up in Idaho and Oregon they always had attics to hide and play in..so we started to unpack ...we organized the bookcases we couldn't put downstairs....we stacked wooden crates....trunks...hung pictures...we have been busy bee's..there WAS A METHOD TO OUR MADNESS...the real goal in all this is to go through things so we can start pricing it for a yard sale in the fall...

So the folding tables went up...the bin's got shifted...opened...condensed...till....little by little we made progress.... the room we created was ready for Nancy when she got here...she loved it...she was with us 2 weeks...we made lots of progress with her help...we have been working on this project since she went back home...Lots has changed...I am going to share the transformation in the days ahead...I call our attic space "THE CABIN IN OUR ATTIC"....there is something Enchanting that happens up there...everyone that opens that door...walks up that staircase...to experience the attic ALL say the same thing...it's like being in a tree house...up high..above the problems...struggles...and drone of everyday life...I am excited to see what You all think of it...well....for today I think that's it...I will have my great niece Saturday....little M is one of my favorite faces...she is 4 whole years old ...smart...fun...and she calls me GIGI...I am looking forward to having her...I hope you all have a wonderful day....thank you for stopping by....blessings and hugs from me to you girls.......Karena

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karena, We have been blessed to have nice big attics in several of our homes- but not this one. There is just something endearing about an attic-I think it is that you just feel so removed by everyday life. Looks like you have been working hard on everything. Please tell me that no one moved that piano up those steps!;>) Have a great day- Diana

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME