Friday, September 30, 2011

It Feels Like A Cabin.....

It's the FIRST FRIDAY OF FALL....how fabulous...I promised some pic's of the project in our attic today...my little " Pumpkin Buddy" and I would like to.... WELCOME YOU.... this is so much fun to share...I need to ask some forgiveness  ...the lighting in the attic isn't the best..so the photos are a little darker then I'd like....that said I am still happy to present my favorite place to sit...clean...putter...drink coffee....most of all sit with my faces and visit....

My sweetie put this wonderful pumpkin vase together for me by marrying the base of an old antique lamp with a planter we found at Michael's a couple of weekends ago...I had the bittersweet pick already...I thought it was fabulous...what a sweet surpise

I tried to take a picture at the entrance to this side of the room ....but it was too dark ...too hard to understand what all you were looking at so I decided to show you around vignette style...this  spot has another chair next to mine for my sweetie to sit in...we spend TONS of luxurious time here listening to music...talking...looking through old magazines for inspiration...so fun

This  old ladder with splattered paint makes me happy to use as a bookshelf ...a catch all for tiny treasures...it sits on the side of the brick chimney as you get to the top of the stairs...

We put this bed upstairs for visitors....(like us)... on cool Fall evenings we are looking forward to sleeping in the tree tops...

Another angle of the ladder with more of what you see when you get to the top of the stairs...

The attic has 3 dormers in it....this is the first one looking out over the yard..the pumpkin lamps are from the dollar store ...we got them last year...they light up ...(battery operated) the chandelier their hanging from is something I put some battery operated candle's in...put a string of crystals around it...in the evening when were up here it's just magical...

These Pictures hang on the wall as your walking up the stairs...

I have to give my sweetie credit for this creative idea...he took one of the old windows we had in the garage cleaned it up and laid it across the beams of the roof ...filled it with marbles...and some of his favorite things...you may think it's a little OUTSIDE THE BOX..But you know what it really brightens that part of the room  ... the reflection from the glass ...marbles ... the light from lamps (when their lit) is GREAT....Well friends I have come to the end of my photo's I hope you enjoyed peeking into this space of ours....I pray blessings on you today....big hugs to each and every one of you...thank you so much for stopping by........Karena

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME