Monday, October 3, 2011

Jacket Weather....OH BOY....

ODE' TO OCTOBER...
Good Morning girls.....Well ....I can't believe October is here already it was LOTS COOLER in our neck of the woods this weekend...I even dug my jacket out of my winter trunks it felt SO GOOD...this is a big month in our family...we have my daughters birthday...then mine...all wrapped up on the 31st with Halloween...whew no other month except December "fly's" by as quickly...this time of year always makes me feel like "MAKING SOMETHING" getting creative ...sewing...painting...it is always a month to make a homemade treasure...
I can't take credit for this towel...it was at the "Yankee Candle Co." when I was there recently...but I took the picture of it so I could use it later...it suits my post for today
Sometimes SAVING something homemade is just as important...the chair above was handmade years ago ...probably in the beginning of the last century...we found it at one of our local thrift stores...it's seat was cracked in half...the front legs were almost popped out of their joints...and the cross bar was catiwampus the owner of the store gave it to us when I asked him for a better price...I WAS VERY HAPPY...cause I knew my sweetie could bring this cutie back from the brink of destruction..and  he did...with our friend "Gorilla Glue"....some clamps....and a lot of patience...he mended her beautifully ...now she has an honored spot in our family room...
This picture is a little dark I know but I included it because this throw is something I made last year when I found these chenille rugs at "Dollar General" ...they were so cute I bought one of each design...a turkey....a pumpkin...a cornucopia...and a basket of leaves (you cant see the 4th one)...I sewed them all together to make this throw...it's soft and warm...I love it...the picture above of the books is also something I did a few months ago...I found some old paperbacks for 10 cents at a yard sale..I tore the covers off front and back then grabbed some bits of string a piece of fabric...cut out a picture from a magazine..layered it all together...it looks very sweet sitting on a chair of mine...
This picture of my Cardinal friend has nothing to do with what I have made ....but everything to do with the Creator of creativity...I always look to my heavenly father for inspiration...his handiwork is in everything ...so it seems fitting to close this post with a nod of thanks to him for all he's created...AND for loving us all so much he made us with the gift of thought ...which leads us all to our own creative moments....be blessed today girls...remember you are luxuriously loved...big hugs ..Karena

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Karena! yes..everything YOU made is beautiful...and so is God's handiwork all around us! We are traveling this week and I am surrounded by the beauty I see around me. Hope your week is wonderful- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME