Thursday, June 9, 2011

Is it Thursday Already ?

I can't believe how fast this week has gone by...did it seem fast to you too? Well I've been working in the garden a lot this week.....weeding.......watering......moving things around. The picture I included at the top of this post is of my very first successful "COSMOS" plant....I planted some from seeds at the beginning of spring....then found a starter plant that my sister-in -law bought us when she was here in May. Thanks Nan...I think it's blooming wonderfully ......it is so happy and healthy ....it makes me smile every time I walk out to the garden. The second picture is of a cabbage rose wallpaper. I love cabbage roses...I also love vintage wallpaper...don't you....my favorite time for all things shabby and vintage is definitely 1928 through 1943.  Why you ask ? well I think it's because I grew up watching old movies on TV.... Most of them were from those time periods. All those old wonderful films were chuck full of great furniture.....Priscilla curtains with side panels and valances that framed the windows like "eyelashes" on a pretty face......I still love that look for myself....I have all my windows made up with Priscilla's . ...Pictures were always of cabbage roses....faces......and far off places....and the furniture....WOW the furniture was adorable....small over stuffed chairs....sofas...and settees with down filled cushions that just looked SO COMFY....the look still influences me today.....if you've never thought about it try watching one of your favorite old films and pay close attention to the sets...you will be surprised .....I will leave you with one of my favorites.......look up Cary Grant in "MR. BLANDINGS BUILDS HIS DREAM HOUSE".........if you have a hard time finding it Netflix has it to order........toodles girls.....have a  GREAT DAY.........bless you.......Karena

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME