Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Remember Momma....

Hello girls...how are you doing this Thursday Morning...I have solved a bit of a "MYSTERY"...for myself...As the months have passed since I started ...A Loblolly Life....I have noticed when I am creating a new post...I have something "niggling" at my heart... that I couldn't put my finger on....day after day I've been trying to pull it forward...FINALLY... yesterday as I was looking at Netflix  I came across the movie....."I REMEMBER MOMA" as I looked at the cover of the dvd ...a "knowing place" fell over my heart like a big ....hugh hugh......a light bulb moment...I KNEW.....the thing that's been off kilter for me was missing my MOM.... I needed to find a way to include her on Loblolly...somehow I need to have her with me....
Allow me to introduce you to my "Marmie"....I began calling her Marmie when I was six years old...I had just seen "LITTLE WOMEN" for the first time ...the original with Katheryn Hepburn as Jo...the way the girls called their momma ...Marmie was enchanting to me...somewhere along the way it became my affectionate ...personal...name for momma  ...only when it was her and I...like a special nick name just for her  (I would call her this in front of our immediate little family in those early years) anyway I was aware after I saw the DVD cover yesterday that the niggling feeling I've been having was my longing to share this new blogging experience with her  .... because....EVERY good ...exciting thing that's EVER come into my life has been shared with her...it was her way to give me the gift of her approval....everything important to me.... had her smile to make it twinkle...her hug to encourage ....her special laugh to keep me embracing the NEW things in my life...it just hasn't felt COMPLETE to me without her being a part of this wonderful blogging experience..............Marmie passed from cancer in 1997...
I had the best mom in the whole world...even at this stage of my life ...knocking on 55 ...It is STILL a relationship that feeds my soul...I have never felt like she was... GONE...she taught me how to cook....how to love luxuriously...how to be a friend...how to laugh at myself...(believe me I do a lot of that these days)...how to look forward to life...no matter what it may hold ...happy or sad...good or bad....she was loved by everyone that knew her....SO....the question remained how can I include her ...everyday...as I share my heart on Loblolly...then I realized I could put her picture on my sidebar....sort of a ....TRIBUTE...to my best friend...my confidant...my life cheerleader...I could put her picture on my sidebar permanently ...so when I finish my post every morning and hit PUBLISH...I will see her beautiful face...EVERY TIME....SO...beginning today that is where she will be...ALMOST FRONT AND CENTER....I am so thankful to my creator for helping me figure this out....the sweet attention to detail he brings about in my life is truly ....HEAVENLY...Marmie always said she was going to have a "cottage " in heaven...I picture her like that...with gardens of beautiful flowers....brick floors (she loved brick for flooring)...a stunning dwelling for her to spend eternity...for now I will smile every time I hit the publish button....knowing all is well ....I can see her beautiful face...her smile...knowing that she is celebrating this new part of my journey....I thank you so much for stopping by today girls...I know you could be doing so many other important things...I NEVER take your visits for granted....blessings and big hugs to you...till next time....Karena

2 comments:

  1. OH,Karena- I am smiling through my tears as I read this post. You were so blessed to have a Mom that loved you so much...and I'm sure she knew that you loved her just as much in return. What a blessing...and now I will be thinking of your Marmie every time I visit your blog. I loved that book too!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post, Karena, and a wonderful tribute to your mother! Thanks for your nice comment about my mantel...I am a new follower, too!

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME