Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Blessings....

Good Sunday Morning girls....how are you this bright fall day....I was thinking this morning about the quiet....peaceful...freedom Sunday .... offers us....the word says the Lord rested on the 7th day...ever since I was little Sunday has been a day of "Praise"...as I was remembering ALL the special Sunday's in my life I found myself getting a little homesick for the Church's I grew up in...so I visited them...on line of course....the picture above is the "Sacred Heart Chapel" the Catholic church in Southern California constructed years ago ...this church was and is so charming...with cathedral style rafters...exposed wood paneling  ...  stone and rock walls... the combination of wood ..stone.. candles and incense created a wonderful scent ....the smell of this chapel still lingers in my mind....
This is the inside...you can see the beautiful stone work...the stained glass windows were wonderful...this chapel was built long before the "Big Church" was built in the 50's...below is "Sacred Heart" the church we really grew up knowing as our spiritual home....my sister was married here...all our children were baptized here...my daughter went to school here...and yes...our parents were eulogized here...it is a lovely church...it's comforting to think back on...
You can't tell from this Picture but the aisle is so long...the ceilings so high...I have memories of kneeling when I was 7 years old staring at the beautiful cross of Jesus...I would look so hard....sometimes.... I believed he looked down and smiled at me...(maybe he did)...one of the glorious things about Sunday's is the urge to spend time outdoors...
Yesterday we had M again for the day....this little angel is so much fun to spend time with...it was a beautiful fall day.... when she arrived we were outside ....she wanted to help us "Garden" so we stayed out front for some time enjoying EVERYTHING....
The first thing M found was this rock...we washed it off to put it somewhere special...she decided sitting it on the high spot in our bird bath was PERFECT....
Her next WONDER ....were the exposed root's from the tree in our front yard...M told me they were bird nests...(we looked at all of them)...
 M wanted to help me plant a special flower she picked from my Mum bush...this was so precious..she brought me the flower so I could plant it...I suggested she was grown up enough to do it herself...she happily agreed...so we "poked" a hole in the dirt...and she planted it "JUST RIGHT"...
She was concerned as she stepped back to admire her handy work....that the flowers were dry...she was focused on helping me water ALL the flowers ...she said "Gigi...they are ALL thirsty...they need a drink"...she reminded me what a WONDER everything is when were small...(and not so small)...I had a wonderful time with her... 


So girls...how are you going to spend your Sunday afternoon...I hope whatever you do this day is FILLED with LIGHT...the twinkling light that warms your heart with joy... peace...AND contentment....I wish you blessings and hugs...till next time......Karena

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME