Monday, October 10, 2011

That Girl Can Cook....

Hi girls...I am later posting this morning ...my sweetie is home today so my schedule is "looser" then normal....we are going to go to a museum in a bit so my post will be short...recently my daughter and her sweetie asked us to come for dinner...a "Comfort Food Extravaganza" is what we were told....
I took some pictures since this was the first meal in their new home...she had everything laid out in the kitchen when we arrived...dessert was already in progress...
I had given A.M. one of Paula Deen's "Lady and Son's" cook books...so she decided to take some of recipes from it ...the fried chicken was Paula's as was the dessert...A.M. chose legs to fry....what's more comforting then a fried chicken leg...
Nothing unless you include mashed potatoes...southern style green beans...and gravy....yum...
This chicken SMELLED HEAVENLY COOKING...
BUT....It tasted even better...the promise of a COMFORT FOOD EXTRAVAGANZA was an understatement...let me tell you ...my baby girl can cook...her sweetie is no slouch either...he made the string beans southern style with bacon...vinegar ...and butter...DELICIOUS...
THIS...is dessert...it may look plain but let me tell you it was AMAZING...the name of this (I think) is Gooey cake also from Paula Deen's cookbook..let me just say ....YOU NEED TO TRY IT...I think if you type that into Google it will pop up...
We had a wonderful time...I hope you all have a great day...hugs and blessings from me to you....till next time...Karena

2 comments:

  1. Dear Karena, how wonderful to share this fabulous meal with your family in your daughters new home! I can smell and taste it from the photos, it will probably cause me to gain 10 ibs! LOL! OX Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to go to your kids' houses for dinner? I love it..and how wonderful that she is a good cook. AND there is nothing better than Southern Style green beans...unless it is grits with butter, salt and pepper...just sayin...xo Diana ps...Hope you and your honey had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME