Sunday, September 4, 2011

Quiet Isn't the Word for It.....

I know this is the last weekend of summer ....that family's all around the country are playing...swimming...picnicking and generally having FUN...I just have to say that in our neck of the woods it is....QUIET.....I think everyone has left town to enjoy this weekend after being cooped up last week because of Irene....I don't know if you agree girls but to me this summer flew by....the picture above is one of my favorites....it is a very summery "Cottage Scene" I had hanging in our bathroom...I have been busy taking the summer out and ushering in the calm...colorful...cool feel of fall into the house ....so before I take pictures to share with you I thought I'd show you some projects my sweetie and I are working on...
This chair is a great 40's find that has a droopy caved in seat...we are trying to fix it...after putting the springs straight...pushing them back into shape we have realized they are much to uncomfortable to sit on...they push you right back up out of the seat....oh darn....so now we have to take it apart for real...like take the springs out completely so we can see if that works ..then I will make a cushion for the seat ...maybe that will be better....but hey in every project there is a silver lining or in this case a rust one....ALL....these springs will make some great future projects for me....I HAVE IDEAS....
The other thing I've been pondering is what to plant in my bronze lady....isn't she fabulous....another of my favorite things...I'm thinking a big droopy Pansie will look wonderful and fall like dripping over her ....
Finally I noticed this morning that our Japanese Maple is turning color....I will take more pictures as Fall really sets in....the color of the leaves in fall turn..... BRIGHT RED...it's almost hard to comprehend the different shades of red mother nature creates on one tree....Well girls that's all for now...I'm heading up into the "CABIN IN OUR ATTIC"...to help organize some things.....have a Stunning Sunday....I am thinking of you......blessings and big hugs.....Karena

1 comment:

  1. It is quiet around our parts too! AND that's ok with me:) Pansies sound gorgeous for your pretty lady! That chair looks like a lot of work! I know it will be worth it when it is finished!

    Enjoy your Sunday dear Karena, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME