Tuesday, June 28, 2011

From the Mid-West to the East Coast there is a  restaurant chain that lines all the busy highways called "CRACKER BARREL:".....this family friendly eatery is full of antiques....old things hanging from the ceiling....tacked to the walls...anything you can think of ...but here's the GREAT THING about every CRACKER BARREL ...in spite of the hundreds of antiques needed to create their look every restaurant looks identical.....the pictures....advertising signs...stoves.......lamps.....clocks.....may all be different and unique but the way it all looks and feels is the same whether your in Kentucky or Georgia.....Any way last Wed. I heard this story on the radio coming home.....I thought it was fascinating as well as a God thing....I have included the link for this story in case you want to read it on your own.....Apparently one of the waitresses that works there was busy sweeping thinking of her  niece who had just died....as she was thinking and working she looked up on the wall and noticed a picture of a woman with baby.......she thought it looked just like her niece....through some investigating she uncovered that it WAS her great...great...great...grandmother....holding her daughter......Cracker Barrel is going to give the picture back to the family........God works in mysterious way's .......don't you get chills thinking of this young woman sweeping....grieving.....then noticing for the first time ...that this picture she had been around so many times before this one looked "familiar to her"...in that moment she found a piece of her family history.......felt relief from her grief.....and recovered a piece of family heirloom all in... ONE SWEEPING SECOND......that's what I call a ...."JESUS MOMENT"......I just thought you might be encouraged today by this story.........I was when I heard it.......the pictures are below this post ....please continue to scroll down......blessings and hugs from me to you today girls.......Karena

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    Now this story gave me chills! My husband and I just traveled to Colorado and on our way through Utah we stopped at Cracker Barrel. I LOVE IT! I can always find some fun thing to pick up for a great price! And the food - OH the SWEET TEA - we don't have sweet tea here in CA so that is a real treat!
    As we were sitting at our table I was looking around wondering where they found all their pieces that adorn the walls. I mean - did the lady posing for that picture ever dream it would be used as decor in a restaurant?
    Probably not!
    Cool story!
    Have a great weekend!
    Karen - Some days are diamonds

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME