Saturday, July 30, 2011

Remembering our Carolina Cottage..........

The pink sign in the side Rock Garden was given to us by the Garden Club....in truth it was posted in my Sweet...talented hubby's side of our garden.....after Isabelle we had trees that were ripped  out of the ground  ...which gave us a perfect spot for his vision of a rock garden...we were so excited to wake up one Saturday morning to this plaque....they left it with us  for a full month....I don't think you can see it but the galvanized tub has some duck decoy's floating in it...with a water pump behind that was a fountain....the dog friends in our neighborhood would come and drink out of it on their walks ....we enjoyed this spot on the front porch as often as we could....there is a saying we heard often from our neighbors as they passed by....they'd ask us if we were "watchin the grass grow"....



This is a  picture of our Carolina Garden ...I worked in the garden a lot there...It took 3 years of planning ....planting....pruning ....along with some praying to see the.... FRUIT....of my labor ....it was worth every minute....in our new house I think we have much more potential in a different way for a great garden....for now I can see it in my minds eye....we are in the "WE JUST MET ONE ANOTHER" phase....were not sure where the relationship is going to go...but we both think with some patience we could have something great together.....the first thought that comes to mind when I look at these pictures is how fun it is to watch a garden grow....every spring that rolled into summer I was gifted with flowers my birds friends  provided....stray clumps of Vinca...johnny jump ups......ferns....(which by the way grow like crazy in Carolina) 4 years of the eight we lived there I walked out to black snakes...1 water moccasin...and a possum hiding in all that GREEN.....I was just as shocked at the speed of their departure as I was at finding them in first place......they were just as afraid of me ....It was fun being in this place....on the fourth of July we had a Town Fireworks show over the water every year that was wonderful....the fam would come to spend the day...have a barbecue ....then evening would fall ...we'd grab some watermelon and snacks pack up the chairs...walk out the front door toward the water...in 2 minutes we would stake our small "claim" of grass next to the water and wait........with music playing ...boats floating....night falling ...we'd all sit.....eventually the first explosion of color burst above us ......it was so much fun......I am excited to build new memories here....but it is fun to REMEMBER some of the past....you girls have a great day today...I am going to have a cup of Seattle's Best coffee with my sweetie........thanks for stopping by........Karena

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME