Sunday, August 21, 2011

Making A House.....Our Home

It is Sunday afternoon...it's quiet around here today...we've had a good drenching rain ....an answer to prayer in our neck of the woods...I have been thinking today as we approach being in our humble little home  a year next week ...WHAT MAKES A HOUSE A HOME...I've been pondering the logistics of moving...packing up our treasures...purging things we agree to let go of...making the mental notes of how our furniture will fit into new spaces...as I've walked around today I realize how blessed I am to have this 1941 Brick Gem to live in....each day since our first... I've lovingly taken care of her...gotten to know her gardens...cleaned her windows and swept her porches...in doing so I've decided she's given us a gift in return....she has slowly accepted us ....allowed us to dote on her.... without a sound she has given us the most precious gift........she has given herself to us.... she feels like HOME...




From the front porch to the back yard we are putting down our roots....it feels good ....New memories are stacking up here I am grateful for all of it...just a "THANKFUL THOUGHT" to share with you girls....rain always makes me thoughtful...as well as appreciative........bless you ...big hugs too.....Karena

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, Home Sweet Home! I love your sweetest place EVER that you are calling home! A little rain makes me think too, mostly thankful for it:)

    Have a blessed evening Karena! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

I am BLESSED to hear from you....comments are WELCOME